Author Topic: Public beaches in Bahrain  (Read 15793 times)

Offline Anna

• View Profile
    • Sahrzad Service for Middle East
Public beaches in Bahrain
« on: April 30, 2013, 03:28:11 AM »
I wonder if somebody knows what are the best public beaches in Bahrain (in Manama and around).
Where are they located?
Are they too crowded in the weekend?
Where is the best place to sunbath and swim in Bahrain?

I will appreciate any response.
Unblock all sites in Bahrain with Sahrzad or VPN Service 2018. Join Bahrain expat forum.

Offline Sophee

• View Profile
Re: Public beaches in Bahrain
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 04:29:02 AM »
Hi There, Anna!

There's lot of beaches located in Bahrain! But the best beaches that I known so far in Bahrain are:

Amwaj - this beach is not strictly a public beach but lots of people attracts to this beautiful beach especially in weekends
Arad Fort - this beach is great for family who wants to have picnics and bonding with each other. Sometimes its called as a beach park
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 03:09:08 AM by alex7xl »

Offline Phill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 05:05:01 AM »
List of beautiful beaches found in Bahrain are Jazair Beach located at Jazair Beach Ave, Bahrain.
Zallaq Beach located at Al Zave Ave, Bahrain.
This beach is the largest beach in the state of Bahrain. Coral Beach located at Alcorniche, Manama, Bahrain. Visit these place and enjoy your sunbathing there! :-D
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 03:09:48 AM by alex7xl »

Offline NewExpat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 07:55:53 AM »
Hey there!

If you are looking for a beautiful beaches in Bahrain well, I will recommend these places:

1. Budaiya Beach
2. Muharraq Beach
3. Sitra beach

These are the excellent beaches here in Bahrain! You will probably enjoy your stay in Bahrain if you will visit these 3 beaches or any of the beaches I mentioned. You will love it and you will never forget your adventure here!

Offline Sandy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 08:01:42 AM »
Thanks for the information guys! I enjoyed reading all of your answers. I will be planning to visit Bahrain soon and I hope that I can visit all the places that you have mentioned here! Its very interesting to know that Bahrain has beautiful beaches although it is not a big country! Well, Im very excited to visit Bahrain soon!

Offline Seahawk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 08:08:29 AM »
Although Bahrain is very strict in their internet censorship but in terms of beaches Bahrain has its best! Its very cool to know that this country shows what they've got too...thumbs up!

Offline Anna

• View Profile
    • Sahrzad Service for Middle East
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 06:00:02 AM »
i can also add the next beach clubs (not free - they have a payment for non-members. ) :

a) Ritz

b) Coral beach club

c) Marina club

d) Dragon hotel

e) Sofitel
Unblock all sites in Bahrain with Sahrzad or VPN Service 2018. Join Bahrain expat forum.

Offline Sameer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 03:23:32 AM »
I know only one public beach in Bahrain - called Al Jazaira

However there are lots of private beaches.
One of the most spectacular is Ritz Carlton. They made a laguna with a beautiful sand beach.
Besides Amwaj Island.
As far as Amwaj are concerned, see view doesn't mean swimming beach.
Amwaj is a land reclamed on the see and the new 'hype place' to be if you listen to many expats. Most of the flats / villas are with a view on the sea and there are some beaches as well. But a lot of the see borders are made of some kind of walls so that you can't go to the water from there. In the other hand, some (very expansive) villas have a small beach in front of their garden. I guess you will have to visit there to make your own opinion about it.

I should add that here the sea water is very salted. When you come out of it you almost feel like your skin is a little sticky. On some beaches you can also walk quite far before the water goes over your waist. This is due to the silting of the Gulf and some of my European friends didn't find too pleasant their sea bath...

Offline alex7xl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2013, 06:12:25 AM »
Thank you, Sameer. Your picture is so fun - especially when you know this is Bahrain. Where the sea is everywhere it is hard to believe that there are no nice public beaches.

Offline Nicole

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 02:49:35 AM »
Freebies

Amwaj
Not strictly a public beach but the reclaimed islands certainly seem to attract lots of people at the weekends, who surely canít all live there. There are various areas where itís possible to reach the sea to swim or just sit on the shore and watch the kite surfers.

One of the most popular spots for Bahrainis and expats alike is at the front of Floating City but there are lots and lots of Jet Skis so if youíre not a fan of the manic mosquito buzz, maybe not the place for you.
The surfer dudes take to the water at the front of Tala and there are various other small open beach areas around the islands.

Arad Fort
Opened to mark National Day in 2008, this small stretch of beach to the side of the old fort is a great place for a picnic and a paddle but itís more of a beach park, with a paved area for walking and games, rather than an actual swimming beach. However, youíre in fab surroundings for a sunset stroll with the fort, said to be one of the oldest sites in the Middle East, making a stunning backdrop.

Hidd
Another one thatís more popular for picnicking than swimming, this small area of sand opposite Prince Khalifa bin Salman Park attracts barbecue fans in the winter months and is a good spot for beach games. To get there take the Hidd Bridge towards the refinery and turn back on yourself at the end.

Jazayir
One of the islandís few truly public beaches, just a shame itís such a long way out. Right down past the BIC. Just get on Gulf Of Bahrain Avenue and keep on goingÖ

Once you reach the sailing club, turn left and youíll find yourself at the beach that time forgot. From the wall and gates, itís reasonable to assume this was once a private facility. But the wall only stretches so far and the gates have long since been knocked open to give access to more than a kilometre of sandyish beach.

There are several areas of kidsí play equipment and large shades, so itís hard to see, apart from the distance, why Jazayir is not more popular.

At weekends itís sometimes the haunt of large groups of Ďbachelorsí but a mid-week afternoon visit found just a handful of families enjoying picnics and a dip. True there are still a few Soviet-era toilet blocks and several damaged Portaloos but, in truth, this could be a really nice spot. There are signs of barbecuing on the sand and paved walkways so if you donít fancy any of the more commercial options, this could be the place for you.

But do bear in mind, this is very much a facility for everyone and particularly popular with Bahraini locals so revealing swimwear and public drinking are really not OK.
On the other side of the sailing club is a wide open seascape which is popular with jetskiers and quad and trials bike riders but donít get stuck in the sand like the two guys we towed on our recceí visit.

Karbabad
Head for Bahrain Fort, past the Bapco petrol station at Seef and you will find yourself on another stretch of public open beach. Karbabadís a great place for an evening walk or a picnic but again, please appreciate local customs and avoid revealing swimwear.

Offline Cleo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 02:56:49 AM »
Does anybody know what is the temperature of the sea now?

Offline Nicole

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2014, 06:04:02 AM »
It is about 20 degrees - not very comfortable to swim :)