If you are going to Bahrain you must care about Visa. There are several variants of Bahraini visa you can get.
The government of the country provides on-line service where you can apply for a Visa to Bahrain, check visa eligibility, track visa status and find all the necessary information about the visas to Bahrain. Here is the service - http://www.evisa.gov.bh/
.Visas for the Kingdom of Bahrain
are classified according to several different characteristics:
• Purpose of visit
• Sponsorship requirement
• "Standard" or "eVisa"
• Multiple or single entry
• Place of issue
These concepts are explained below: Purpose
This is the reason you have for needing a visa (eg. general tourism, business, work, visit family, etc). Sponsorship
Most visas for Bahrain must be sponsored (ie. obtained for you by a Bahrain company, hotel, or travel agent, etc). Unsponsored visas exist, but only for certain nationality groups, and certain purposes.Standard or eVisa
Some visas are "standard" because they are visible in the passport as a stamp or label. The term "eVisa" is used to refer to a visa where there is no visible stamp or label. In this case the visa is electronic, and the validity of the visa will be recognised at the border when you enter Bahrain. An example of this is the Visit eVisa, which is an electronic visa which can be obtained from this site.Multiple/single
This determines the number of visits you may make. Most visas are single entry, but multiple entry visas exist for certain nationality groups.Place of issue
Some visas are available on arrival in Bahrain, but otherwise visas must be pre-arranged, either through a sponsor, or an embassy.
All visas require you to pay a fee for the initial grant, and then for subsequent extensions (if any extension is permitted).
Each type of visa has its own set of conditions. These are rules which govern whether or not it can be granted in a given case, and whether or not entry will be granted once you arrive in Bahrain. There are also conditions of use, which determine the maximum length of your stay, and advise you what is lawful activity for a holder of the visa in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
All visas have a validity period. This is the period of time during which the visa can be used for travel to Bahrain. If it is not used within this period, the visa expires, and you must obtain a new one. The most popular type of Visas to Bahrain:
Tourist visa to Bahrain.
This is a visa for short period of time for your leisure travel and no business activities are allowed.Requirements for this type of visa:
• Fully completed visa application form for Bahrain and necessary declaration
• Passport size photographs
• Valid national passport and one copy
• Original of valid visa if you are national of another country and one copy
• Your recent bank statement and one copy
• Confirmation letter from your travel health insurance stating the coverage and one copy
• Reference letter from your employer or education establishment
• Proof of group travel/ hotel reservation in Bahrain / airline ticket reservation for Bahrain and one copyBusiness Visa to Bahrain
1. Work visas are issued based on the Non-Objection Certificate (N.O.C) issued by the General Directorate of Nationality, Passports and Residence in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
2. Working Visas cannot be issued without taking prior approval from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
3. Valid passport (an additional copy) with at least 6 months validity remaining
4. Fully completed Bahraini business visa application form
5. Passport type photographs (no older than 6 months)
6. Valid resident visa and one copy
7. Current bank statement and one copy
8. Proof of travel insurance coverage for trips and one copy
9. Business references (letter from your employer, invitation from Bahraini company or organization)
10. Proof of Bahraini hotel reservation and airline booking reservation for Bahrain.
Some other types of Visas to Bahrain:
Bahraini Transit visa
, is valid for 3 days or less, for transferring through port in Bahrain to a third destination.
On-arrival visa for Bahrain
is provided at a port of entry. This is distinct from not requiring a visa at all, as the visitor sholud still get the visa before they can in fact seek to pass through immigration.
Student visa for Bahrain
, which permits its holder to study at an institution of higher education in Bahrain. Bahraini temporary worker visa
, is for people to work in an organisation in Bahrain. Spousal visa or partner visa
, provided to the spouse, civil partner or de facto partner of a resident or Bahraini citizen. Bahraini Marriage visa
is provided for a lengthy period prior to civil partnership wedding based on a proven relationship with a citizen or resident of Bahrain.