BahrainSide Blog

Author Topic: Places to eat in Bahrain  (Read 2449 times)

November 27, 2013, 08:32:50 AM on

Offline Cleo

• View Profile
Let's discus our favorite places to eat in Bahrain.

Bahrain Forum for Expats and Travelers.

Places to eat in Bahrain
« on: November 27, 2013, 08:32:50 AM »

November 27, 2013, 08:33:49 AMReply #1 on

Offline Nicole

• View Profile
Bahay Kubo: Best Filipino Food on the Island

I visited numerous Filipino restuarants in Bahrain and Bahay Kubo is by far my favorite. The food is outstanding and the atmosphere is great. I only tried a couple of their dishes but what I did have was truely wonderful.

The wait staff is very friendly and they try to cater to your every need. I gave them a call and they picked me up and also dropped me off. This was great because the taxi rates in Bahrain are pretty high. The actual savings that I recieved actually paid for my meal!

The restaurant is extremely family friendly and is also family run... I believe.

The parking is not great but it is worth it. I don't think parking is good anywhere in Bahrian as I had issues with most places I went to.

Bahay Kubo also seems understaffed so the wait might be a while. The good thing about it though, is it is very informal which could be a plus for some and a minus for others. At first I thought "what kind of service is this" and then I got more used to it. I saw people getting up and getting their own drinks at times but really enjoyed it once I realized how good of people they are. I had a really good time there and would recommend it to anyone.

Favorite Dish: The Crispy Pata was the best I ever had. It is so crispy and also very juicy. It comes out in a traditional way and looks so good you just want to dive in. The sauce they serve with it really complements it and is probably the best that I have had.

May 19, 2014, 02:54:46 AMReply #2 on

Offline Anna

• View Profile
    • Sahrzad Service for Middle East
Thank you for review, Johnwill. What about the place? Did you like the atmosphere there.
What kind of food did you taste?
Unblock all sites in Bahrain with Sahrzad or VPN Privacy. Join Bahrain expat forum.

Bahrain Forum for Expats and Travelers.

Re: Places to eat in Bahrain
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 02:54:46 AM »