BahrainSide Blog

Author Topic: Maybe moving with big dogs  (Read 2135 times)

June 06, 2014, 03:51:51 AM on

Offline seawatkins

• View Profile
Hi,

Maybe working at the DoD school but have animals.  Lived in Saudi and know not ideal for animals.  Any comments, recommendations?  Also, can you live in one of the quiter areas mentioned that are good for walking dogs and still commute to the school?  No idea of size of Bahrain.

Thanks!

Bahrain Forum for Expats and Travelers.

Maybe moving with big dogs
« on: June 06, 2014, 03:51:51 AM »

June 06, 2014, 04:44:42 AMReply #1 on

Offline Anna

• View Profile
    • Sahrzad Service for Middle East
Hello, Seawatkins!
Welcome here!

There are many open space area in Bahrain where you can walk with your dog. If you have a big dog probable it is better to keep your pet on a chain. By the way, what is the breed of your pet?

Also there many pet shops in Bahrain: http://bahrainside.com/index.php/topic,1051.0.html

What about the commuting to the school - it depends on where are you going to live.
Unblock all sites in Bahrain with Sahrzad or VPN Privacy. Join Bahrain expat forum.

June 06, 2014, 04:51:29 AMReply #2 on

Offline Basheer

• View Profile
I have been living in Bahrain for 15 year and I have never had any troubles walking my dog. I used to walk them in and outside the compound and sometimes let them off the chain to run around the beach. Sure if there are families around or little children who are frightened of dogs I recommend you keep your dog on a chain.

I honestly find Bahrain a safe place. Nobody ever bothers you when you walk your dog. Just avoid the villages.

June and July are the hottest months in Bahrain. i advice you don't walk yours dogs between 10 am - 2pm. It is better to walk the dogs early morning or late afternoon.

There are no dog bins to dump dog litter. You can just dump it in any old bin you find on the streets to be honest.

We don't really pick up the dog litter because where we used to live in Bahrain, we were right next to a large open area. So the dogs were free to do their business. There are a lot of open lands in Bahrain sand dunes/ruble so if you live right next to one it shouldn't be an issue.

Obviously if you are in an public area like a park/social club where people walk around then it would be respectful to pick it up.

Unlike Dubai where I live, there are NO rules in Bahrain which mentions dog walkers getting fined for leaving dog mess on the pavement. Bahrain seem a little laid back on it...

June 06, 2014, 04:58:43 AMReply #3 on

Offline Cleo

• View Profile
There pet friends accommodation in Juffair and in Amwaj.  The majestic in Juffair. The Dragon at Amwaj.
If you are talking about Department of Defense school  - it is located in Juffair. So I guess there should not be problem with your dog.

Bahrain Forum for Expats and Travelers.

Re: Maybe moving with big dogs
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 04:58:43 AM »