BahrainSide Blog

Author Topic: New venture!  (Read 6051 times)

January 25, 2014, 03:59:34 AM on

Offline Michellepage

• View Profile
Good Morning
Very excited to be joining this site as we grow ever closer to finalising our move to Bahrain!
My husband has been offered a new role with his company and we are 99.9% sure it's going to happen.

Trying to keep my feet firmly on the floor but looking at all the wonderful posts from people that have obviously fallen in love with this little bit of land I am getting ever excited  :)

Looking at areas at the moment and enjoying the research. We have a dog and he (plus hubby of course!) are my main priority!

Just wanted to introduce myself and say HI  :D

Michelle
X

Bahrain Forum for Expats and Travelers.

New venture!
« on: January 25, 2014, 03:59:34 AM »

January 27, 2014, 04:05:14 AMReply #1 on

Offline Nicole

• View Profile
Hello Michelle!!
Welcome to here! I am really glad you join us!
You will definitely love this wonderful country!

When are you going to move here?
You can review this guide for new expats in Bahrain: http://bahrainside.com/index.php/topic,1052.0.html. It might be interesting.

I am sure you will find new friends here.
If you have questions about living in Bahrain and expats' life here - please ask.

January 27, 2014, 04:11:29 AMReply #2 on

Offline Anna

• View Profile
    • Sahrzad Service for Middle East
Welcome to Bahrainside, Michelle!

Where are you from? There are people from different countries here and most of expats love Bahrain because this is really a great place for living.

It is good you have a pet with you. Having a friend in a new place is great.

There are lots of pets' shops here where you can find all the necessary for your dog (http://bahrainside.com/index.php/topic,1051.0.html).

Unblock all sites in Bahrain with Sahrzad. Join Bahrain expat forum.

January 27, 2014, 04:12:46 AMReply #3 on

Offline alex7xl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome to Bahrain expats' forum! Nice to meet you, Michelle!

Re: New venture!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 04:12:46 AM »

January 27, 2014, 03:32:44 PMReply #4 on

Offline Michellepage

• View Profile
Thank you so much!

We are waiting for the final offer from hubbies company - hopefully within 2 weeks.  I'll have to work 4 weeks notice so hopefully we'll be looking to come out April (realistically!) we hope to fly out March for a look around and I'll be  using your guide to Bahrain - i found it really well written and concise! Lots of information for me to take on board. 

My husband has been coming out to the Middle East for the last 11 years on business and he is a great advocate of the country! We were originally looking at Dubai but they now have an office in Isa town and he'll commute occasionally to Saudi and Dubai....

And yes, I'll be checking out those pet shops  :)

X

January 27, 2014, 03:34:10 PMReply #5 on

Offline Michellepage

• View Profile
Sorry Anna - I forgot to add - we are from the UK.....Cambridgeshire
X

January 28, 2014, 03:08:08 AMReply #6 on

Offline Anna

• View Profile
Nice to read this, Michelle! Spring is a perfect time to moving here :) The weather is fine and the nature is blooming.
It is so great that your husband is an advocate! Good layers are very much in demand. Hope he will get a great job offer.
By the way, there are really many people from UK in Bahrain. There is even British club in Bahrain http://britishclubbahrain.com/.
We'll keep fingers crossed :)

January 28, 2014, 03:13:44 AMReply #7 on

Offline Cleo

• View Profile
Michelle, we'll be waiting for you in spring :)
Would you mind if I ask a few more questions?
What are your interests? Do you like dancing, swimming, fitness, spa&beauty, etc. Besides dogs, of course, we already know you have a little (or not?) friend. By the way, what is the breed of your pet?

Bahrain is surely a lovely place, however Dubai is also fantastic city!! I was so exited visiting it first time! It was like a magic, like a fairy tale:)

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 03:13:44 AM »

February 01, 2014, 09:06:56 AMReply #8 on

Offline Anna

• View Profile
Hope, Michelle will get back here when she move to Bahrain.

February 02, 2014, 04:35:23 AMReply #9 on

Offline Michellepage

• View Profile
Hi Cleo,

We have a small rough haired terrier called Rufus who we both adore!!  I must admit to being a tad concerned about the amount of animals that go missing in Bahrain so I'll be keeping him under my watchful gaze!

What do I like to do?  Well I love dog walking (necessity!), swimming, reading, tennis (hubby and I play regularly in summer here), love to have a regular facial and other beauty treats, enjoy times with my girlfriends, bingo 😆, eating out, cinema and nice holidays....I'm sure other things will come to mind!

I'm still trawling though all the villas that are up for rent and so looking forward to coming out to check out the various areas.

Michelle

February 03, 2014, 06:11:54 AMReply #10 on

Offline Anna

• View Profile
Michelle, I read your answer and though I wrote it :)) it is very fun but I love most of things you describe as well:) Swimming and reading, walking and going out, spa procedures are my passion as well :))
There are many beauty salons and fitness centers in Bahrain where you can swim and play tennis.
It depends on area where are you going to live in Bahrain. However with the car the distance in not a big problem. Do you drive a car?

February 03, 2014, 06:22:05 AMReply #11 on

Offline Cleo

• View Profile
Wow, Michelle! You can really a sport girl:) I am sure you can find lots of friends here:)
By the way, in Bahrain you can play tennis whole year not only in summer.
As Anna wrote there are mane beauty and spa in Bahrain (here is a topic http://bahrainside.com/index.php/topic,1067.0.html) where you can relax and enjoy procedures.

February 07, 2014, 05:23:12 AMReply #12 on

Offline Anna

• View Profile
Michelle, how is it going? Does your husband accepted a job offer?

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2014, 05:23:12 AM »